[tcb] Re: Thanks Gang

  • From: "Ronnie Hughes" <y4s6wd5@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 05:29:10 -0600

Well we found three minor problems - wrong seals on bottom of oil cooler, no gaskets on the oil filler neck and no gaskets and deflector plate installed wrong on bottom of generator stand. We reinstalled everything and fired it up, but Dan found a real drip on one of the case bolts. The more we ran the motor the more obvious that, that was the real problem.

Sooooooooo, we split the case and are basically rebuilding the engine. Didn't find anything too ugly inside and the gang talked me into a 110 cam. We did confirm that Sparky has 94 pistons and a stock crank = 1914.

Hopefully, we will have it back together next weekend.

Thanks again,

Ronnie

----- Original Message ----- From: "Neil McGlothin" <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx>