[tcb] Re: Technical Question - Oil and Engine Heat

  • From: Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 11:58:34 -0500

Will Wood wrote:

I recommend at least 55 idles on a 1600.  60s are not uncommon.  There's two variations
of the ICTs in terms of venturi size so I can't say exactly but the mains should be at
least 130.  I have 135s in my 1641 in the notch with 55 idles.    I was also wondering
about the "not Stock" 1600, what's the compression ratio on the engine as well?

I will say this, I've also had a couple of Gene Berg temp dipsticks that I've
had to recalibrate.  There's instructions that come with it that cover this
procedure.