[tcb] Re: Technical Question - Oil and Engine Heat

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 08:05:15 -0700 (PDT)

I always run a dual relief case and run the temp sensor in the front relief
port next to the flywheel. this gives me the oil temp as it is coming off the
crankshaft. If you run to the rear of the engine (near the pulley) you are
getting the temp as it's coming out of the oil pump.

Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:          I drilled and tapped a spot on
the lower right of the case, below the apron tin and put my sensor there. Is
that where you say, Mark?

  Eric, how hot is hot? Do you know the actual temperature number? 210, 220?