[tcb] Re: Sway bars on a splitty

  • From: "Lonnie Bergman" <bergmanfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:58:46 -0500

It's a dangerous thing to post to the list the things you did while in high
school :)

From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:26:34
To:tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You admit to owning Volvo station wagons????

Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I have had a question and project that has raised a discussion and I'll
throw it out here.

I used to have Volvo station wagons and twice I put aftermarket sway bars on
them. It improved them a bunch. So now I am considering a swaybar for my '63
bus to reduce the rocking in turns.

Only the '67 had a swaybar from the factory. I can put a bar from the '67 if
I grind off some of the metal on the connecting rod so that it will accept
both the bar's clamp and the shock absorber.

Is it worth it? Will it greatly stabilize the rocking?

I don't want this to sound like Chuck's Megasquirt or anything that Brian
comes up with, it sounds simple, is it?