From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: Sway bars on a splitty
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:26:34 -0700 (PDT)

You admit to owning Volvo station wagons????

Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx> wrote: I have had a question and project that has raised a discussion and I'll throw it out here.

I used to have Volvo station wagons and twice I put aftermarket sway bars on them. It improved them a bunch. So now I am considering a swaybar for my '63 bus to reduce the rocking in turns.

Only the '67 had a swaybar from the factory. I can put a bar from the '67 if I grind off some of the metal on the connecting rod so that it will accept both the bar's clamp and the shock absorber.

  Is it worth it? Will it greatly stabilize the rocking?

I don't want this to sound like Chuck's Megasquirt or anything that Brian comes up with, it sounds simple, is it?

Be seen and heard with Windows Live Messenger and Microsoft LifeCams http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0020000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/digitalcommunication/default.mspx?locale=en-us&source=hmtagline