[tcb] Sway bars on a splitty

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:17:38 -0500

I have had a question and project that has raised a discussion and I'll throw
it out here.

I used to have Volvo station wagons and twice I put aftermarket sway bars on
them. It improved them a bunch. So now I am considering a swaybar for my '63
bus to reduce the rocking in turns.

Only the '67 had a swaybar from the factory. I can put a bar from the '67 if I
grind off some of the metal on the connecting rod so that it will accept both
the bar's clamp and the shock absorber.

Is it worth it? Will it greatly stabilize the rocking?

I don't want this to sound like Chuck's Megasquirt or anything that Brian comes
up with, it sounds simple, is it?