[tcb] Re: Stud Gun

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 10:15:55 -0500

how did you beat out the front end of the bus without one? curious minds want to know

From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: Stud Gun
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 08:05:44 -0700 (PDT)

Dan: Does the stud gun work "stand alone" with the welding or does it have to be hooked up to a welder, i.e., does it work with its own power source. Never used one and have never seen one used, but all the body shop guys I have talked to swear by them.

Jammy <damhippiekustoms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: stud guns are way cool you can use them in so many ways to pull dents and shrink high spots as well if you by chance pull a in your base metal that your working on all you need to do is get a high wattage soldering gun and stick the tip in the hole heat up the surrounding metal and fill with soder and then sand it down and then apply filler remember filler doesn't need to be more than a 1/4'' thick

Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx> wrote:  Yes.
It is a 4500 from here:

http://www.autobodystore.com/stud.htm

On May 23, 2007, at 8:41 AM, sammie smith wrote:

> Ok, Ronnie you gotta explain what a stud gun is. Are you talking
> about the welder that welds studs for pulling dents?
>
> Ronnie Hughes wrote:
> Cool!
>
> I borrowed Dan's stud gun for pulling dents out of body panels and
> it's way cool. Last night I worked some dents out of the gates on
> my single cab that would have been very tough without the stud
> gun. Really reduces the amount of bondo required.
>
> Thanks Dan
>
> Ronnie

Dan Martin
1971 VW Bus
H.B.B.
T.C.B.

http://web.mac.com/danandkatrinamartin

  Keep it Aircooled,

          Jammy Thomas
     Dam Hippie Kustoms
       { uber groovy }

P.S. Those arn't rust holes that weight reduction!!!!!!!! Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today! http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48517/*http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7 hot CTA = Join our Network Research Panel

More photos, more messages, more storage?get 2GB with Windows Live Hotmail. http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_2G_0507