[tcb] Re: Speedo and lic plate light

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:40:50 -0800 (PST)

Some times there is one wire, sometimes there are two. depending on the color
code of the wires, the brown wire is normally the ground. I do recommend using
a dedicated ground other than just the body ground. It's in the 50's here today
but it's suppose to get down into the 20's tonight. Enjoy those icy roads up
there in the hills.
Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Boy, are you all quiet. Today I
might get back to working on the electrical harness that we replaced two weeks
ago. I had a light bulb and socket missing at the bright headlight indicator in
the rear of the speedo That is a hot wire, right? I have a color coded diagram
from VintageBus, I'll probably have to look at it or something. For you that
don't know everything, I have a '63 Sundial camper.
Also the license plate light burns the fuse. In the diagram there is only one
wire, but when I was cleaning out the old wires there were two. Do I have to
use a ground wire? I cleaned up the receptacle and made sure that the insulator
isolated the bulb wire, but it still blows the fuse.

It is 16 degrees outside here in Arkansas, so I think it is a good day to get
to work in the heated garage.