[tcb] Sparky Update

  • From: "Ronnie Hughes" <y4s6wd5@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:38:59 -0500

Well, Sparky is still not playing nice.

I installed a new Pict 34 carb and there's no longer any popping, backfiring,
etc., but it won't idle and doesn't have any power.  I've tried adjusting the
idle mixture screw and idle speed with no luck.  Nothing really seems to help.

I cleaned the Kadrons and don't see anything in the idle jets, etc and the
gaskets were in good shape.  Now that I know the timing and points are good and
the engine will run, I plan to go back with the Kadrons this weekend unless
anyone has a suggestion on the Pict 34.

The engine is a 1914 and Mark S. predicted that the Pict 34 may not be able to
supply enough gas and air.  I thought it should run, but just not the same
performance.

Any ideas?

Thanks and enjoy the Hooters photos.  Wish Sparky and I could have been there.

Ronnie