From: Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Re: Shocking!
To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, May 3, 2011, 10:52 AM

I didn't think there was such a thing as replacement CV boots that are split
for a Bay. If i reuse the joints I will need to clean the sand and gravel out
and I'm sure I will find a blackened ball bearing or ugly marks and those sorts
of things and I will frett about them and buy new ones and then I will put it
all back together and be upset when two years from now my boots are ripped
again.  Ugh!  Am I crazy to think that they should last more than 50,000 miles?

On May 3, 2011, at 9:23 AM, theresabuckner@xxxxxxx wrote:

  Julie       Most of the new boots that I have seen do not last .  It is still
easier to use the  " replacement boots " split ones  than to pull CVs     buy
extra  boots      On your shocks , if you were a postal employee you would find
a old shock & remove the rubber gromet & use it         terry