[tcb] Re: Shocking!

  • From: "w.wood" <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 10:34:24 -0400

So you're 40 year old van driven by it's 80 year old driver (j/k) is making
a new noise?

Are you sure it's not "postman's knee"?

You have to have a bushing on the shock mount with typical shocks.  The
bushing is metal surrounded by rubber.  If it's gone that would tend to give
you a clunking noise and possibly have the shock body rub the tire.

Install a set of new shocks and you'll be fine.  If the bushing is gone on
one it's probably time to replace them all anyway.  Never do just one shock,
always do them at a minimum in pairs on the same end of the vehicle (fronts
or backs or all)

--
My Email Moniker
http://www.findinternettv.com/Video,item,1570570433.aspx