[tcb] Re: Rubber and Interior Suggestions

  • From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 09:00:45 -0600

Peter:
Also; Wolfsburg West for the interior. Have not used them for a bus to date. However. Have for the Type I and their quality and correctness is superior to anything I have seen.
Sammie

At 08:36 AM 2/13/2006, you wrote:

Peter:
Best rubber I have found is Wolfsburg West. It is NOT WCM. They make their own (have it made). Probably better than original. But it aint cheap.
Sammie
At 12:04 PM 2/12/2006, you wrote:
Hi TCBers,

It has been a very long time (about 11 years) since I've put a Bus back
together for restoration purposes after it has gotten a nice new paint job.
As if enough hasn't already been spent, I have a long way to
go.....especially considering the fact that the two are both Deluxes.

I would like to ask for someone to remind me what the final result of best
window and door rubber is for a Split-Screen Bus.  I am getting ready to buy
a lot of window and door sealing rubber for our '63, '62, and '58 and would
rather pay a little bit more if it's worth it.  The last time I bought
rubber quite a few years ago, West Coast Metric had the best, but I think
their quality has diminished.  I've already gone through the Wolfsburg West
catalogue to figure out their part numbers and prices to make comparison
easier.

I am also going to need some new seat covers and pads, and have been told
that West Coast Classics' has the best.  I'm told that they also have the
best interior panels ('62 Grey Graph Paper Style), and I'm trying to decide
whether I am going to step up and get a new set for my '62 instead of using
the mostly good original set I already have.

I look forward to reading your thoughts and suggestions,

Peter