[tcb] Re: Rivi info

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 19:35:46 -0500

Are you going to be able to go with the group heading up from Houston on Thursday morning Aug 25th at 4:30 AM?
It looks like Ronnie, Trey, Mark S., Emily, Me and Katrina will be in a group heading up I45 to 75 and over on I40.
Joe and Mark J. are still up in the air.
Steve and Sharon are leaving FORT WORTH on friday morning (around 4am if I had to guess)

On Aug 7, 2005, at 6:16 PM, Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:

I said I'd post a quick note here about what's up with the Rivi. Work is
hammering me. Further insight for those who know where to look when I get a
chance to update that site.

Here's the summary:

1. I hit a wall again for time to work on the Rivi

2. I'm tired of just driving it within 10 miles of it's garage

3. I talked to a mechanic Wednesday and got an estimate

4. I dropped it off at a local mechanic Thursday night with a big box of
parts. He's supposed to be done with it by this Friday so i can test run it a
bit.

He is doing:

Bearings (all 4 wheels)

Brakes (all cylinders, wheel and master, all pads, turn drums and rotors, all
soft lines replaced with stainles steel DOT lines (from aircooled.net),
replace seals in calipers if needed, new springs/hardware front and rear)

Shocks -- since he'll have everything off anyway -- forgot to put those in
the parts box but will drop them off tomorrow.

Steering damper -- since he'll be under there

I still need to find a good steering wheel for a '73. I hate that press on
wheel, guess I should swap in one of the '74 steering columns I have with the
splined shaft.

G2