[tcb] Re: Rainy Virgina

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:56:31 -0600

Who me?
I AM jealous of the trip.

On Nov 22, 2005, at 11:40 AM, Mark Sawyer wrote:

Are we being a little jealous?

Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I just talked to Ronnie on the phone. (no problem hearing or anything like in a bus) He is in Nashville headed to "somewhere" in Arkansas for the night. He plans to find a place to "camp" and set up the camper stuff. He thinks he found the control for the aux. heater (gasoline fired) {it is a canadian spec. camper} He said he was going to feel very foolish if he finds out that there is a working aux. heater and he did not know to turn it on.
He also told me it is automatic, no push start.
He said it has the stuff for a aux. battery but no battery in place.
He was riding along 65 MPH cruise control on, heater working, listening to the radio...............

pretty disgusting!

On Nov 22, 2005, at 10:27 AM, Mark Sawyer wrote:

Actually the vanagons have a GVRW of 5400#'s and the "water assisted" heaters front and rear work great.

"Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ooooohhhhh! I'd hate to have to push start a Vanagon. Isn't the curb
weight something like 2453903519836 pounds?

He has water-jacket assisted heat so I bet he doesn't need it while he's
moving

G2

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:11:28 -0600 Sammie Smith wrote:

> Well, I don't know. Amp draw on it is light, something like 6.5. However,
> instructions do say to not use it for long periods with the engine
> off. However, the reason I got it was to wrap up the driver and passenger
> while driving. The Baja has no heater and it gets awfully cold in there at
> night while driving. Day time with sunlight is OK. But 35-40 degrees
> outside at night is really tough. It probably would be ok for a couple of
> hours nap with the engine off. Or even all night if you park on an incline
> so if the battery is dead you can get a rolling start to crank the engine.
> Sammie
>

> At 09:41 AM 11/22/2005, you wrote:
> >The only problem I see with a 12 volt electric blanket is that truckers
> >leave their trucks idleing all night. what would be the drain on the battery?
> >
> >Sammie Smith wrote:
> >Ronnie:
> >You said you got cold. Picked up something the other day at a truck
> >stop. 12V electric blanket. Only $20.00. Haven't had a chance to try it
> >out but the truckers use them.
> >Sammie
> >
> >At 05:58 PM 11/21/2005, you wrote:
> > >Hey gang,
> > >
> > >I picked up my new Westy last night. The guy was really nice and gave me
> > >a 6 pack of his favorite micro brewed beers plus some New Hampshire syrup.
> > >
> > >Stopped at Walmart in Manchester, NH to p ick up a sleeping bag, pillow and
& gt; > >some water. Drove from about 5 PM to 1 AM, slept for a few hours in Penn