[tcb] Re: Rainy Virgina

  • From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:30:49 -0600

Ronnie:
You said you got cold. Picked up something the other day at a truck stop. 12V electric blanket. Only $20.00. Haven't had a chance to try it out but the truckers use them.
Sammie

At 05:58 PM 11/21/2005, you wrote:

Hey gang,

I picked up my new Westy last night. The guy was really nice and gave me a 6 pack of his favorite micro brewed beers plus some New Hampshire syrup.

Stopped at Walmart in Manchester, NH to pick up a sleeping bag, pillow and some water. Drove from about 5 PM to 1 AM, slept for a few hours in Penn at a rest stop. To cold to really get any rest - 25 inside and out.

Pretty weird, in about a 5 hour period I drove through 6 or 7 states. I think all highways lead to NYC. I kept thinking I was going ion a circle.

Feels like I need to go borrow my daughter's American History book to check out all the different places - Harpers Ferry, Gettysburg, Washington's office, civil war battlegrounds..............

Today drove the Skyline drive in Virgina. Very nice drive with plenty of lookouts and parks. Took a nap at one of the picnic areas.

After driving through rain for about 6 hours I decided it was time for a hotel.

1,500 clicks so far - cruise control set at 100 KPH, van (Canadian speedo) is driving nice and is getting about 20 MPG.

Ronnie

<http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTFqODRtdXQ4BF9TAzMyOTc1MDIEX3MDOTY2ODgxNjkEcG9zAzEEc2VjA21haWwtZm9vdGVyBHNsawNmYw--/SIG=110oav78o/**http%3a//farechase.yahoo.com/>Yahoo! FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.