[tcb] Re: Question about painting my 23 Window

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 08:10:06 -0700 (PDT)

You can make clear coat look better easier but original is single stage.  And
single stage is easier to repair problems.  I use PPG Concept acrylic urethane.

Wheel wells are painted body color.  Undercarriage and belly pans are painted
grey primer.  I would just use a good quality grey paint acrylic urethane.

Don't undercoat unless it is already undercoated.  In which case it is almost
impossible to remove the old undercoat.