[tcb] Re: Question About The Original Fringe on a Westy Pop-Top

  • From: "Alma Jo Barrera" <patchmongrel1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:12:50 -0600

They ionize the air in the car so the police can't smell the natural incense. :)

Alma Jo

----- Original Message ----- From: "singlecabboy" <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Eric Woodall <ericthomaswoodall@xxxxxxx>
To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 7:59 PM
Well what do you know, the fringe
actually serves a purpose. Never knew that.

On Jan 27, 2011, at 7:46 PM, Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> like the fringe on chaps or motorcycle jackets,
increased surface area to aid evaporation.

wrote:

>> From: Bill Gmail <bbauer2000@xxxxxxxxx>
>> Subject: [tcb] Re: Question About The Original
Fringe on a Westy Pop-Top
<tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Date: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 8:45 AM
>>
>> I was hoping that a more knowledgeable person
would respond. I was told it was a rain accumulator that
helped keep rain from running down into the front screened
window.

>> On Jan 26, 2011, at 11:33 PM, kelly dosch <kellydosch@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>>> Seriously. What does it do with rain?
When the top is down it is sealed. When the top is up it,...
well really. What can it do but look cute?

<theresabuckner@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>>> From: theresabuckner@xxxxxxx
<theresabuckner@xxxxxxx>
>>> Subject: [tcb] Re: Question About The Original
Fringe on a Westy Pop-Top
>>> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> Date: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 9:48 PM
>>>
>>> How bout dat I thought
it was to hide the staples on the canvas . Terry

<kellydosch@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> [...]
of Westies with the top up and they had that huge white
fringe going across the front on top?
but nobody ever seems to replace it.
it serves a purpose?
those Germans were not easily distracted by aesthetics.
Every little thing served at least one purpose.
against drafts while driving.
little bit of draft sealing helps. (As Gawd is my witness, I
will one day invent a simple devise that will clip onto the
the air vents at each end of the dash to seal them off
during winter months!)