[tcb] Psychoblooie Report

  • From: "j duncan" <whocanduncan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 23:55:02 -0500

Had a great trip to Springdale. Met up with Bodean on Hwy 32 on the way to pickup the fireworks. Also met his very kind mom (Cathy?). Me and Bodean had a great dinner at the bu-friggin'-colic setting of Chuck & Sue's version of the North Fork 40. Drove to Paris and handed the reins over to Bodean. Arrived 5AM Friday morning and didn't wake anyone up. (Made up for it later. . ..) Real Fred, Bodean and Jeff kept me up way-too-late on Friday night, and everybody else paid for it. Sorry. I chewed through my leash and didn't have a sane spouse keeping me in line. Helped Joel & Beverlyn set up camp at 3AM. Thank you to all the gentle folks for not banging pots and pans next to Freedom on Sat. AM, although I certainly earned it. Eh, Andy? ;^) Stayed a few days extra to ride the mountains. Gotta do that again. And gonna, too! Ate well during the entire trip. Had a great time visiting with everyone and missed those that couldn't make it. Or not. >;) Met a redheaded lawyer-lady that oddly takes stinky photos. Saw lots of cool buses, a baja and a few bugs. Anyone else get a lot of bug bites? Appreciated the host's kindness, as well as breakfast at Neal's Café. Heading home, had a slight diversion on I35 a few miles south of Dallas. The class I trailer hitch sheared off at the weld on the right side dragging the trailer and MC at 70mph. Right at all the construction, too. Pulled over in the fast lane, assessed the situation, dragged it across three lanes of traffic to the frontage road and lashed it back on with a bicycle lock-cable for the remaining 168 miles to Austin. Spotted Steve & Sharon in Georgetown. Shot 'em the peace sign but they were on a red & white mission and didn't notice. Got home in time to join the block party for the 4th and to enjoy the local fireworks. Steve called today and confirmed it was them I spotted. Funny how Paul's brother spotted them soon afterwards in Temple. Till next time, cruise safe. Ya'll are the best.

http://liveearth.msn.com