[tcb] Re: Productive Weekend for a Change

  • From: Jeff Bednar <coitspoon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 09:42:21 -0700 (PDT)

yeah i had the same problem on my 67 bug, the dual 48 webber carbs kept gumming
up with crap and back firing and not wanting to run right,  but the inside the
fuel tank looked clean. finally we figured out that it was the ethanol which is
actually a "detergent" and it was freaking cleaning out my 40 year gas lines. i
installed 3 fuel filters inline and have been changing them about once every 2
months, no problems since then. but it's a pain in the ass.
-jeff
if i get a new clutch put in my bug i'm going to be at the swarm on sat!