[tcb] Re: !#%^&#%!!! Part 2

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:39:53 -0500

i've always kept my mouth shut about this to you guys but i've got the braided stainless cable at the house for the day one snaps. $10 for enough to do clutch and accelerator or $18 a peice and the $10 stuff is airline quality.

From: "Denis" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] !#%^&#%!!! Part 2
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 10:11:02 -0500

So, when we were changing Murray's tranny at Chuck's house, Chuck and Sammie made this big deal about my accelerator cable because it was a braided cable attached with a small turnbuckle to the front assembly. "What the hell is this?" was, I believe, Sammie's direct quote.. I explained that it was my system after I had broken a couple of cables. It was strong and the turnbuckle let me adjust the length when needed. It had lasted, trouble free, for years.

Well, people (I can't remember who all, but you know who you are) convinved me to replace it with a regular cable from the VW parts place.

So, today, after pulling off the belly pan (#!%^#*!!) what did I find? THE %#!&%*$#!!! CABLE HAD BROKEN AT THE JUNCTION WITH THE HOOK!!!! I am going now to the hardware store to by a small braided cable and I still may use a turnbuckle, I don't know. But if anybody tells me, ever again, to use a #!%#!!! approved VW accelerator I will slap them so hard that people on Mars are going to look at each other and say, "did you hear that?" (Ack ack, ack ackk?)

Play games, earn tickets, get cool prizes. Play now?it's FREE! http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=CLUB_hotmailtextlink1