[tcb] Re: Painting bus rims (Mark Jenkins)

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 12:04:51 -0500 (Central Standard Time)

That guy (and others who say they can't mount a tire) is farking with you.
*ANY* shop can mount/dismount a tire on a wide-five wheel. The machine for
doing R&R grips the inside edge of the outer rim. He shouldn't be anywhere
near the hubcap tabs. It is no different than doing the tire on any other
wheel.

The problem comes up when you need a wide-five BALANCED. Nobody has a cone
for their machine big enough to hold the wide-five. (Hint: Check truck stop
shops for balancing.)

Gerald