[tcb] Re: Ouch! Dangit. (kinda gross -- read with caution)

  • From: Conrad Klahn <conradk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:16:09 -0500

Now you know why the property was cheap. Wait 'til you get the estimate for water and septic tank. :-)

On The Samba I saw someone in Texas who was looking to trade a tractor for the VW...or pick up a beat-up baja bug.

I'm sure there is some yokal around there that has a front end loader.

On Aug 22, 2007, at 1:26 PM, Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:

Now I remember why I've been becoming less physically active as I age. My
entire life I've been a clucking futz and I've discovered that my
ineptitudes hurt more now than they used to.

I took the three wheeler to the property to start spotting the high ground areas because I really would like to put up a garage/shop for the VW's and tools first, even if it's a "knockdown" with a raised plank floor that I
move later to a spot with a concrete pad. <--- VW content

As you can see from the pictures the property has already been cleared of
trees.

Well, they cut the trees, pulled the stumps, and ... stopped.

Land of 1000 lakes (each about the size of a missing tree stump).

On the first attempt at a "ride around" I made it about 10 feet into the
property before I discovered a tree lying under the weeds. No problem
except for the big branch of it that flipped up when I hit the main trunk with the 3-wheeler. The branch that caught my toes at just the right angle to shove my big toenail down hard enough at the tip that it sliced my toe up pretty badly. Still bleeding after 20+ hours when I move. Doesn't look
like I'll lose the toenail at least.

So, I hopped around for a few minutes letting my shoe fill with blood
thinking I really should have gotten those boots before the first ride.

Then I got back on and finished the "survey". Getting back to the road was ... interesting. With all the holes just deep enough to grab a tire the 3-wheeler pretty much went whatever direction the holes guided it. There
was no real ability to steer at all.

Now I'm torn between looking for a 4-wheeler ATV or looking for something like an old beat up International Scout or Jeep CJ-5 to use while burning
off the overgrowth and dragging logs out of the way.

Once again I kinda wish I hadn't got rid of the untitled '60 pan. That
would have made a good marsh buggy with bigger tires and no body. <--- more
VW content.

G2