[tcb] Re: Oil leak question

  • From: Mark Jenkins <marktts88@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 09:25:31 -0700 (PDT)

Chris pull the engine out we can put it on the run stand and find it that way
easyer

From: Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 11:07:10 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

if it's slinging behind the pulley then it would be pressure.  That means worn
guides, rings or a blocked breather.  You can always put a bandaid on it
by using a bolt in sand seal.

From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 12:00:45 -0400

Mechanical fuel pump? If so you could have a cracked base. Is it slinging out
from behind the pulley? Too much crank case pressure will cause that.

From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 08:39:08 -0700 (PDT)

Push rod tubes?? Valve cover gasket?? Cracked case??

Christopher Dirksen <cajun-eskimo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Question,
So I have an oil leak that is kind of heavy, I have tighten all the nuts on the
alternator stand, carburetor, checked and tighten oil pressure switch, pulled
the engine and checked the oil cooler and seal (ok, really clean), I didn't
mess with the Distributor could this leak bad enough? Looks to me like it leaks
more on the left side/front engine compartment, didn't see any evedence of
leaking in the rear of the engine. Curoius, if anyone has other tips to check
on.

Thanks,
Leaking Eskimo

Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in one place!

Need a brain boost? Recharge with a stimulating game. Play now!

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL
at AOL.com.

i'm making a difference. Make every IM count for the cause of your choice. Join
Now.

See what you’re getting into…before you go there