[tcb] Re: Oil Pressure dropping to Zero after 15 mnutes warm up when I stop?

I believe I could duplicate your symptoms by turning my idle down to 300 rpm.
But I have no gauge, just the light.
Does the idle only drop that low when you are on the brakes?
I think I would look at the check valve in the line going to the brake booster and see if it is in right and working.
Where is your pressure sender mounted?

On Jun 28, 2006, at 4:26 PM, Mark Sawyer wrote:

I would find a mechanical gauge that will screw directly into the block to make sure my sensor hasn't gone bad.

Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
From Trey, He used the wrong e mail address ; )

-1600 DP Stock Engine ...16,000 miles on building it.

-VDO Oil Pressure gauge and sensor.....

When I start the engine , oil pressure is fine but after running for
15 or so
minutes when oil temps get up to 200-205 ( oil pressure ok at 40-45
psi )
but when I come up to a light or stop sign the oil pressure drops to
0. Oil
light comes on and stays on until the rpm's raise above idle (900
rpm) when I
drive off. ????

Then I go on my way and everything seems fine until I stop and the
oil lights
comes on again.

When I first get in the bus the engine is warming up (120 to 180
degess) the
first 15 minutes or so when I come to a stop sign at idle the oil
pressure is
10-20 psi.... seems fine. Frustrating,,,,,,

I replaced the oil pressure relieve and pressure springs and the
plugs which
increased my oil pressure but after 15 minutes (Oil temps 200-210) the
pressure drops to 0.

Any ideas?

Running Castrol HD 40 wt. It's hot here in Houston but never had the oil
pressure ever drop to 0 before like this. Engine was built 2 years
ago. No
visible oil leaks anywhere.

Help....

Trey