[tcb] OKC show report

  • From: "Sharon Chamberlain" <iluvvws@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 06:28:35 -0500

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads!
We left Ft worth around 1pm Fri afternoon, drove the westy, it wasn't too
hot. Got to OKC about 5, the cruise started at 6 , about 50 cars around the
lake and to an old drive stand like sonic but real, met a girl that was in
Volks Folks years ago, Brianna, she was attending TCU, now she's married
lives in Norman, we actually met her and her ex at the Classic one year.
Then we cruised to downtown past the memorial to Bricktown which is the new
area like the riverwalk in San Antonio, really nice, all kinds of music,
restaurants, movie theatres and river boats. We stayed at the fancy
Marriot(free reward points, I was glad the bus was in the garage when the
storm hit in the night, clear by morn though and no rain til the trip home
and then for only 30 min or so, nice and cool the whole time, never over 80.

Bought lots of little toys, a bug watch, Steve bought lots of parts- cheap-
there were about 50 cars and 20 club cars(14 buses- that we told about the
transporters at the point show I think some will come) that didn't
enter-don't know why.
We won but we left early and didn't get our trophy, Paula and Ray won, of
course pink bus Jane & LU won but believe it or not Dales brown car didn't
win anything- screw up we guess. Ate fish in Marrieta with Ray and Paula,
Cordell and Rita, we had a great time.