[tcb] OK, how about this?

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:39:57 -0600

Since nobody knows what to talk about, here is some gab.

Today the temp is supposed to go all the way into the 60's. This will be the
first day in weeks that I will be able to work on Murray without standing in
front of my parabolic propane burning heater that heats the crap out of a 3'
area out to about 3' or running the 5 1/2 ton central heat that still has a
problem heating the giant badly insulated, drafty garage.

In fact, I called the propane guys and said "Hey, I paid you guys to fill my
500 gallon tank six weeks ago and it's empty!" and hey said, "yeah, apparently,
you ran it out" and I said "Impossible" and they said, "we have clients that
can run 'em out in two weeks!" And I said "that's $650 in a month and a half!'
and they said "Yep".

So now I know. If you have a giant drafty building and it is 9 degrees outside
and you leave your 5 1/2 ton central heat on set at 65 degrees, you will go
through $650 worth of propane in 6 weeks. Now I will turn the unit off at the
breaker or even the valve at the tank every night.I will also probably get the
wood stoves at the garage in working order. All this will get done right about
when it gets warm up here and I will be running the AC.

To compare, our well built and well insulated house has used only about 1,100
gallons of propane in THREE YEARS.

Back to Murray. I have replaced the Idle Mix Adjustment Screw on the left
Kadron and as soon as I have him running well, I will try to find a way to stop
the tranny leak, make that the tranny HEMORRHAGE, without pulling everything
apart again.

I have recently been told that I do not need the equalizer hose that runs from
one intake manifold to the other. Before I was told that I absolutely had to
have that. What is the truth?