[tcb] Re: New job

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:48:16 -0500

OK, here's advice from a guy who quit the advertising business after 23 years
and went into re-furbishing condos.

Take the new job, but don't expect much from it. When it works out you'll be
pleasantly surprised. Look for other opportunities at the same time, but stay
in a field that you are comfortable with (I did condos and refurbishing when I
was at college and before I went in to film work).

See if the new owners will allow you to use the machines and stuff on your own
time, nights and weekends. We all know that you can crank out T-shirts. Go for
all the VW shows' business. That may not sound like much, but if you could snag
it all it could work out.

Good luck. Take the job with the new guys.