[tcb] My bus ain't ready yet, but it's close

  • From: Dennnis Dosdon <dld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:50:47 -0700 (PDT)

So, my bus was promised to me Friday and here it is Monday. I go down there and
the bus (Murray) is primered in the paint booth and the guy is there. I, in
jest, say, "Hey, this bus ain't ready!" The guy laughs and shows me what he has
been doing.

He shows me where, as he was cleaning up a weld, the rocker panel came off in
his hand, now all fixed and smooth, where he has taken off the front doors,
that never closed snug, and reshaped them so they are now flush to the body. He
straightened both bumpers. He found alot of new rust on the nose where he said
I didn't get the steel clean enough "under the Bondo", so he cleaned and
reskinned two areas about 2' square each.
He also wants to pinstripe where the color changes. The list of all the extras
is too long to go into.

He'll shoot the color this afternoon and says I can have it tomorrow. How much
for all the extra work? NADA. But I made sure he accepts gratuities.

More to come.