[tcb] Re: My Neighbor Tim

  • From: Stephen Brannan <ozarkcycleworks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 08:09:39 -0700 (PDT)

Yesterday, Tim's dad and I used a big hammer and got some room to work in the
front of the bus.  The parking brake got in a bind and locked up the back tires
and also kept the shifter in gear.  We got it all loose and started up the
engine.  Tim really seemed to relax when he heard it running.   As for
rebuilding it, well...  The roof is bent up at the B-pillar and the frame horns
are tweaked pretty good.  The driver side wheel well is bent in and the dog
legs are pushed down.  The side doors won't close and the partition behind the
seats is pushed back.  The right person could fix it, but I think Tim is
finished with this particular bus.  He's still sorting out his feeling on what
to do with it.  The other driver is in jail with felony charges.  He goes to
court in early September.  Hopefully the judge will get some compensation for
Tim.

Dan <ThatVWGuy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:          He is very lucky, could have been
much worse.  The wheel chair thing has got to suck but it looks like he is able
to get around and be with family so all is well considering what it could have
been.

  The bus is messed up but looks like it might be fixable.  I really can't tell
for sure from the pictures but it looks like a maybe.