[tcb] Re: Murray update and PSYCOBLOOIE!

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 14:58:56 -0500

STRESS? STRESS! WHADYA TALKING ABOUT STRESS?! MORE STRESS TALK AND i'LL HAVE SOMEBODY KICK YER ASS! STRESS THIS!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Neil" <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Murray update and PSYCOBLOOIE!
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 9:17 AM
I winched Murray on to his trailer yesterday and took him
out to Wayout Salvage. Derrick and Danny inspected him
carefully and kinda declared him DOA. We figured that we
would have to, basically, cut off everything from under the
roof to the B pillar, and were looking at $5K, pretty much
as Will said. I looked at a '67 that I could gut
completely and transfer all the mechanicals from Murray.
Really, build a new bus that wouldn't be Murray.

Interesting concept, at what point does a repair make him
no longer Murray? The engine and running gear or the body?
Where is the soul of a bus?

Anyway, as I was getting increasingly depressed, Derrick
sent me to a guy in Berryville who has a reputation for
pulling and straightening cars that are beyond saving. He
looked at it and pronounced that he could fix this, but
that it could take more than two day's work. I
personally saw a notch that was really destroyed in an
accident and that I thought had died, but was put back on
the road. Now, I find that this was the guy that did it.

So, I am to call him today and see if he can start on
Murray tomorrow and I get to watch. Let's all cross our
fingers and toes.

PSYCOBLOOIE!!! Julie is, apparently, this year's
dynamite jockey. She will be transporting the fireworks.
Pray for her. Dan and Kat have finally confirmed that they
will be here, probably Friday, stylin' in a 2008 Jetta
to show us how the upper crust live. Brown Bus Mike is
coming on Wednesday to take all the best spots. Steve and
Sharon and Dennis and Claudia and maybe Mike say Friday,
Paul and corn on Saturday. Where is Shirley? Somebody get
to Shirley. Robb and his entourage have said
"Maybe". If I have not mentioned any of you that
are coming just chalk it up to my mental state.

All you that are coming need to shame and cajole the ones
who say no or on the fence. If you can't make it, we
still love you, but you will forever be the Ones Who
Weren't Here. And nobody wants that, do they? No.