[tcb] Re: Me, My son, My dog, My bus vs. Lake Ray Hubbard

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:28:54 -0500

so did the milkbones work good as bait?

From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Me, My son, My dog, My bus vs. Lake Ray Hubbard
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:48:59 -0400

I decide earlier in the week that I should take Michael out to do something special before he starts his new school. Now that my bus is back on the road, I wanted to include Dizzy too. So, a fishing trip it will be.

Thursday, I take Michael to Bass Pro Shops to pick out a new fishing pole, and I let him spend quite a bit more than the cheap kid poles heâ??s had before, cause this one is going to be special. He gets some new lures and stuff too. Heâ??s ready. Itâ??s gonna be his lucky day, and he is going to be the first guy ever to catch ALL the fish at the lake.

Saturday I get up bright and early, we pack the bus with chairs, Dizzy, etc. We spare no expense as we hit the store to stock up on hot fries, pork rinds, milk bones and super big gulps. All the necessary stuff for us to sit around and man it up at the lake.

At the lake, we came across a privately ran fishing pier that Michael wanted to check out. Iâ??m lugging chairs, dog, cooler, etc, go in, pay my $6.50, and out to the pier we go. As Michael picks his spot, Iâ??m still kinda navigating around the pier with all this stuff. Just as I get to him, my hands still full, he tries to take the tag off the pole. PLUNK! Pole in the water. Sank like a rock in an area at least 12 feet deep. I never even got to put the stuff down.

He was holding back the tears, as half my brain boiled seeing $50 float to the bottom of the lake, and the other half felt horrible for my boy. The latter half won over. We quietly went home emptied out the bus/cooler, etc, and went to the pet store and bought some fish for our new fish tank. Hey, at least we came home with some fish at the end of the day.

I donâ??t think Dizzy understands exactly why I brought him along on this one.

More photos, more messages, more storage?get 2GB with Windows Live Hotmail. http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_2G_0507