[tcb] Last minute stuff

  • From: <prigmores@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 01:42:01 -0500

  OK I am up till 12:30 am trying to get the DC squared away. Oil, filter, gear oil, valve adjust, etc. Couldn't find a source for a set of much needed plug wires though, so I had to put some on order. I am used to doing stuff last minute (I had three aircooled VW parts places within 15 minutes of home  before we moved). I don't think that's going to be possible here- When I tell the parts counter monkey what type of vehicle he looks at me like I sprouted an extra head out of my torso.
  I after all that I discover I have no tailights or brakelights. I finally have got it mostly sorted out. The right one still isn't working right, it goes out completely when I hit the brakes with the driving lights on. Maybe someone could take a look at Galveston- my brain is too tired to figure it out.
  Master hitch couldn't put a hitch for the bus this week because of the RV show. We got the trailer set to go anyway since most of our VW camping stuff is packed and scattered in boxes, like the last (warehouse) scene in the "Raiders of the Lost Ark", and I wasn't sure if I would get the bus ready in time. I should be at the caravan in the bus after all. Lisa is going to meet us at the park with the D*dge pulling the trailer (sigh).
  We're looking forward to meeting everyone and attending our first real Mardi Gras event. I have been authorized to offer our climate controlled tent trailer's extra full size bed with heated mattress to anyone that doesn't snore.

Todd
'59 Doublecab