[tcb] Jerome anyone? DENIS?

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 01:36:33 -0500 (Central Standard Time)

Here's the message I just posted to the Albuquerque Air Alliance forum
asking about the terrain on my planned route. There's a link to images of
the route saved as jpegs.

Denis? We can meet in Abilene some time Tuesday. {GRIN}

Hey Brian, can you stich the pictures together into a wide panoramic?

G2

--------begin copied message----------------

Yes, the bus is still being driven a little locally but towed on long
trips. I drive the '66 lowered beetle more often. Just need to swap out the
nosecone on it's tranny (busted mount ear).

I replaced the tranny in the bus but didn't have a new pilot bearing on
hand and that appears to be a problem. No more howling in 4th but it only
shifts when it wants to -- and pretty much not at all after it warms up a
bit.

I missed Jerome last year. Not missing it this year.

So, towing.

How much trouble am I asking for if I cut across south of Alb and take 60
across to AZ and then AZ-180 over through Payson and Camp Verde to get to
Jerome?

By trouble I mean mountains. I'm planning to pack about 20 Gallons of spare
fuel and make the trip from east Texas to central Arizona avoiding
Interstate Highways as much as possible.

I'll be leaving some time Monday.

JPEG pictures of the mapped route are at <http://phorce1.us/jerome_maps>

I don't have the mad photoshop skilz (or photoshop installed) to stitch
them together into a big panoramic. They all load on one page -- about 1meg
total so not too bad even for dial-up.