[tcb] Re: James....?

  • From: James Dwan <james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 08:53:35 -0700 (PDT)

I was gonna wait for you to ask : )

So I took the battery up to Tractor Supply after finding the receipt (took an
hour) As I put it on the counter I noticed I had 3 days left in the warranty.
THey check it out and what took an eternity (actually a full 10 min as the
employee learned how to operate the tester for the first time) my battery was
given the green light.

I took it back and put it back in the Bus. Turned the key and herd nothing but
a "thunk" as the piston slammed into the bushing then silence. I backed my '77
up and jumped it. Nothing. 10 attempts and nothing.

I noticed when I first hooked up the battery the oil & engine light were barely
visible, now they were bright so I honked the horn for some unnown reason,
turned the key and it fired right up!
 It has started 23 times in a row, including this morning.

Didn't Julie have a gremlin like this? I should say that I cycled the battery
on Sunday a sI was so disgusted I left the key in te on position on Sunday so
it was completely dead when I put it on the 6v charger Monday night. I was
going to check the charging voltage but dinner was ready and I hate cold trout.
So i'll check that tonight.

So was it not charging (regulator), was the cable from the battery to the
starter junk? Is there an issue under the dash (solder ends of the wires to the
ignition/light switches - or replace it).

Thoughts?

James

DAC
TCB