[tcb] Re: It's Friday!

  • From: Neil McGlothin <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 07:52:02 -0700 (PDT)

It ain't a joke, but it DID make me laugh....this is
for all our old bus guys & babes:

Julie Andrews turns 69.............
To commemorate her 69th  birthday on October 1,
actress/vocalist,
Julie Andrews made a special appearance  at
Manhattan's Radio City Music Hall for the benefit of
the AARP.

One of the musical numbers  she performed was "My
Favorite Things"
from the legendary movie "Sound Of  Music".
Here are the lyrics she  used:

Maalox and nose drops  and needles for knitting,
Walkers and handrails and new  dental fittings,
Bundles of magazines tied up in  string,
These are a few of my favorite  things.

Cadillacs and  cataracts, hearing aids and glasses,
Polident and Fixodent and false  teeth in glasses,
Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with  swings,
These are a few of my favorite  things.

When the pipes  leak,
When the bones creak,
When the knees go bad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.

Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions,
No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,
Bathrobes and heating pads and  hot meals they bring,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Back pains, confused brains, and no need for sinnin',
Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin',
And we won't mention our short shrunken frames,
When we remember our favorite things.

When the joints ache,
When the hips break,
When the eyes grow dim,
Then I remember the great life I've had,
And then I don't feel so  bad.

Julie Andrews received a standing ovation from the
crowd that
lasted for over four minutes and  repeated encores.

http://www.utne.com/issues/2003_120/cover_story/10954-1.html

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/carlwinslow12345/file.jpg

http://blog.scifi.com/tech/archives/2007/04/24/portable_grill.html

http://static.iftk.com.br/mt/2007/04/fat_porsche_carrera_7_pics.html

> Pink Floyd
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQh27dbBd7o
>
> Katrina & Dan Martin
> 71'bus "Homer"
> http://web.mac.com/danandkatrinamartin/
> http://ical.mac.com/danandkatrinamartin/Volks32Shows

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If
you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've
never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop
thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in
which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater
than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey