[tcb] Re: It feels great!

  • From: Conrad Klahn <conradk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:22:37 -0500

That's a 7 layer cake walk... :-)

Make sure on your front beam that you have it pushed towards the back of the bus before you torque it down. There's a fraction of movement that will probably not be noticeable. This will prevent the bus from shearing the bolts off if you ever have to make an emergency stop.

Take care when you do this.

In 150 miles, check the torque of your major bolts and nuts. Wheel bolts are notorious for loosening.

On Oct 17, 2007, at 4:44 PM, Julie Maroney wrote:

I realize that this would be a cake walk for you experienced folks out
there but for me this was a huge challenge and I did it!  At the
beginning of this week there were no wheels on my bus and nothing in
place to attach them to.  I bolted in all those necessary bits in the
back like the transmission and the spring plates to the torsion bars
and to the gear reduction boxes.  And then I put in the front beam as
well and got the steering hooked back up and now there are four wheels
on and it feels great!  God bless my floor jack.  Besides my buses and
my music collection, my floor jack is one of the coolest things I own.

Julie