[tcb] Re: I'm still gonna be there, but...

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:24:48 -0800 (PST)

Hey Denis
Look forward to seeing you and I will bring my tools to help get Murray in top
condition. I will bring a timing light and my electrical tool box. if there is
anything else you need me to bring, let me know---Mark aka "The Vanagon Guy"
p.s. you might not recognize me.
Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We talk about how we are more into being together than winning car shows and
this is my driving force now. With the recent deaths in our family I have not
been able to dedicate any real time in getting the bus back together after the
new electrical harness and complete re-wiring. He runs, roughly since I have
only put a static timing set, and all the lights work, he really is street
legal and capable, but his sound system is not connected and the tach is not
wired, the interior is messed up and needs to be put back together.
To give you just a small example of why I have had no time, yesterday we spent
three hours doing paper work and going through her Dad's bills to pay them all,
and today, my GET READY TO GO day I have been in phone hell with lawyers and
getting statements notarized. And the Veterans Administration, get this, they
send us a letter that tells us the they are sorry about her Dad and that she is
eligible to half of his benefit money (not much), but Jan calls them to ask if
her brother was the other beneficiary, since he too is dead. They put her on
hold for a long time and come back to say that they don't pay any benefits on
murders. WHAT!? Then the bozo on the phone says that they will but they have to
talk to the police and the funeral home.

They can have the money, except that this is unfair to families who really need
the money.

Bottom line to all this whining is that we are coming (Murray and I, not Jan),
but maybe we can have a class project of putting Humpty Dumpty back together
again. I did make a gag, which you will see, but I started that a month ago.

I really need to get away and see all you knuckleheads so with my tow bar and
my new truck I am on my way.