[tcb] Re: I shorted something. Any thoughts?

  • From: kelly dosch <kellydosch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 18:24:16 -0800 (PST)

  Thanks. I'm not a big believer in coincidences either, but it happens. It
just seems SO odd that my tail light would crap out the same day.
  But my dad was a professional mechanic and I'll tell ya, sh*t does happen.
Many a time have I seen people come in for a repair and as soon as they pick up
their car the power windows stop working or the fuel pump craps out or
something. Everybody always wants to blame the mechanic, but things just break
when they break. They aren't on any schedule and they don't care if the car is
in the shop for something else or if you just blew a fuse for something
unrelated.
  I say it's Gremlins.
From: Tracy <pepsifreek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, February 12, 2011, 10:00 AMMy Bentley is for the “Station
Wagon/Bus” not a Westy but…  For a 79, the stop lights are on fuse #12 and the
right tail light is on fuse #2 (numbered from left to right) There are none
listed for the radio or the dash lights but that should be easy enough to trace
back to the fuse box. Personally I don’t believe in coincidences so I’m
thinking screwdriver+sparks+things stopped working are all connected…
Regardless, check your fuses 1st, any corrosion is bad eg the fuse may be good
but corrosion can sever the connection. If all your fuses are good, check for
12v and ground with a multi meter at the clock. If you’ve got both the problem
is internal to your clock L I know this may be in bad taste/timing but one
should always disconnect the negative post on the battery before doing any
electrical work. Good luck finding and fixing your problem Kelly!! Tracy From:
tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx