[tcb] Re: I shorted something. Any thoughts?

  • From: whocanduncan1@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: "TCB" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 03:18:02 +0000

LOL. You make me feel better! Now, where those damn glasses?

Sent from my BlackBerry®

From: whocanduncan1@xxxxxxxxx <whocanduncan1@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "TCB" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, February 12, 2011, 9:55 PM

   It just tracing a line, nothing more.

Sent from my BlackBerry®From:  kelly dosch <kellydosch@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender:  tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 18:51:15 -0800 (PST)To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>ReplyTo:
tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  My dad was a kick-ass mechanic but even he wouldn't do electrical trouble
shooting. Not even on his own car. He would sooner sell it and buy another car
and I agree.
  I have neither the aptitude nor the patience to go on a wiring harness
safari.
  There is a nice little shop of Mexican guys in Pasadena who can do that in
their sleep for a case of beer.

From: Tracy <pepsifreek@xxxxxxxxxxx>

To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, February 12, 2011, 10:00 AMMy Bentley is for the “Station
Wagon/Bus” not a Westy but…
 For a 79, the stop lights are on fuse #12 and the right tail light is on fuse
#2 (numbered from left to right) There are none listed for the radio or the
dash lights but that should be easy enough to trace back to the fuse box.
Personally I don’t believe in coincidences so I’m thinking
screwdriver+sparks+things stopped working are all connected…
 Regardless, check your fuses 1st, any corrosion is bad eg the fuse may be good
but corrosion can sever the connection. If all your fuses are good, check for
12v and ground with a multi meter at the clock. If you’ve got both the problem
is internal to your clock L
 I know this may be in bad taste/timing but one should always disconnect the
negative post on the battery before doing any electrical work. Good luck
finding and fixing your problem Kelly!!
 Tracy