[tcb] Re: I now have 3rd

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:39:55 -0500

that and the input shaft is longer in the 6 rib. there is talk about this on www.ratwell.com

From: Jammy <damhippiekustoms@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: I now have 3rd
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:23:13 -0700 (PDT)

yeppers I still have the original tranny still in it and driving it daily so I need to find anouther tranny like the one I have just for the bell housing?

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: he has the original tranny i would assume so swaping out the bell housing
and the input shaft i don't think would be a problem.

>From: "Gerald V. Livingston II"
>To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [tcb] Re: I now have 3rd
>Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:57:48 -0500 (Central Standard Time)
>
>6 rib into your '70. 6 rib would be a 091, right?
>
>MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE!! I think the input shaft on the 091 is a bit
>longer than the one on the 002 (has to be trimmed 5/8" I think). The bell
>housing may be set up for a late Bay 228mm flywheel as well. If it is you
>may need to look for an earlier bellhousing to bolt up to the gearbox
>because the late one will be "thicker" and make the whole mounting system
>not line up correctly.
>
>Get all of the numbers you can find from the tranny. Join the Buskatiers
>mailing list at http://www.buskatiers.org. Ask there. I think Jamie Auch
>put a late tranny into his early bay and would be helpful with info.
>
>A 091 will give you better highway gearing. From all I've read, you'll like
>it when it's done.
>
>I found some of the info in my archive at
>.
>I'm not sure what year bus he was putting it in. Follow the message thread
>by clicking the arrows that point to the right to go to the next message in
>this thread (on the right side of the screen -- next message in this thread
>is by Britt Grannis).
>
>G2
>
>On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 00:50:55 -0700 (PDT) Jammy
>wrote:
>
> > my tranny woes are now gone a fellow aircooler GAVE!!!! me a 6 rib bus
> > tranny just needs seals was running great before they took it out is
>there
> > anything special I need to do before I put it in?
>

> > Keep it Aircooled,
> >
> > Jammy Thomas
> > Dam Hippie Kustoms

Keep it Aircooled,