[tcb] Re: I now have 3rd

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:13:47 -0500

he has the original tranny i would assume so swaping out the bell housing and the input shaft i don't think would be a problem.

From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: I now have 3rd
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:57:48 -0500 (Central Standard Time)

6 rib into your '70. 6 rib would be a 091, right?

MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE!!  I think the input shaft on the 091 is a bit
longer than the one on the 002 (has to be trimmed 5/8" I think). The bell
housing may be set up for a late Bay 228mm flywheel as well. If it is you
may need to look for an earlier bellhousing to bolt up to the gearbox
because the late one will be "thicker" and make the whole mounting system
not line up correctly.

Get all of the numbers you can find from the tranny. Join the Buskatiers
mailing list at http://www.buskatiers.org. Ask there. I think Jamie Auch
put a late tranny into his early bay and would be helpful with info.

A 091 will give you better highway gearing. From all I've read, you'll like
it when it's done.

I found some of the info in my archive at
<http://faith.phorce1.net/lurker/message/20030613.014108.5c154bb6.en.html>.
I'm not sure what year bus he was putting it in. Follow the message thread
by clicking the arrows that point to the right to go to the next message in
this thread (on the right side of the screen -- next message in this thread
is by Britt Grannis).

G2