[tcb] Re: I need advice

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:30:04 -0600

i love my ngk's it runs less rich than before and seems to start easier too

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 06:58:12 -0800
From: bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: I need advice
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Love the name of the house.  As to the 66 muffler:  I would go with stock just
for the look.  Don't think you will notice much difference in power.  As to the
plugs:  I stocked up on the Bosch plugs before they went away.  Don't know what
everyone is running now.

--- On Wed, 2/25/09, julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx

From: julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] I need advice
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 9:00 PM

Hello smart TCBers,

I've got a few questions.

On my '66 I need advice about what muffler to get.  The Bus will look very
stock but the engine is going to be a 1776 w/ dual carbs.  As I understand it
having a stock muffler will help to lessen the effect of having a more powerful
engine.  I don't want a super loud Bus and I don't want something goofy looking
hanging off the back.  Someone said there is one that looks stock but will work
well but he doesn't remember the name of who makes/sells it.  Does anyone know
which one I'm speaking of?  Would it be a good choice?  Or is there something
else any of you can recommend?

On my '71 I have non-resistored spark plugs.  My local VW shop says that they
are hard to come by.  I guess NGK still makes them but Bosch does not.  Is
there good reason to stick with non-resistored over resistored spark plugs?
Will
 non-resistored just get harder and harder to find?

Oh and I finally have named my new home.  I was watching Gone With the Wind the
other day and it came to me:  Tara Bulli.

Thanks,

Julie

Windows Live™ Hotmail®…more than just e-mail.
http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_hm_justgotbetter_howitworks_022009