[tcb] Re: I need advice

  • From: "Denis" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 00:01:25 -0600

EMPI quiet pack.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx
  To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 9:00 PM
  Subject: [tcb] I need advice

  Hello smart TCBers,

  I've got a few questions.

  On my '66 I need advice about what muffler to get.  The Bus will look very
stock but the engine is going to be a 1776 w/ dual carbs.  As I understand it
having a stock muffler will help to lessen the effect of having a more powerful
engine.  I don't want a super loud Bus and I don't want something goofy looking
hanging off the back.  Someone said there is one that looks stock but will work
well but he doesn't remember the name of who makes/sells it.  Does anyone know
which one I'm speaking of?  Would it be a good choice?  Or is there something
else any of you can recommend?

  On my '71 I have non-resistored spark plugs.  My local VW shop says that they
are hard to come by.  I guess NGK still makes them but Bosch does not.  Is
there good reason to stick with non-resistored over resistored spark plugs?
Will non-resistored just get harder and harder to find?

  Oh and I finally have named my new home.  I was watching Gone With the Wind
the other day and it came to me:  Tara Bulli.

  Thanks,

  Julie