[tcb] I have so much bus content I'm actually excited to post but ..................................

  • From: vw1971 <treyjung@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:27:54 -0500

The bleeding brake saga continues .... I went and bought a vacuum bleeder
thing from Sears (Made in the USA surprisingly) but after 5 hours I give
up...... I am going to take the bus to a shop tomorrow to have them bleed
the %%$%$% brakes... for $65.. I'll never again deal with brakes except to
watch the master "Mark" do his vanagon brakes while I drink beer like a
scalded monkey.....

OK you ready for the fun part of the weekend...... I am working on the
brakes and I go into the cab of the bus through the passenger side to push
the brake pedal and the door sticks.. I'm like what the hell is this, the
door was working fine. I'm thinking maybe the time I fell off the ladder a
few months ago putting up the tent in the garage stressed the door ...(the
door was open and I fell on it) ok with me here, so I digress from the brake
job later Sunday to tackle the door issue..... I get out the Bentley and
check out how to adjust the door well I ended up taking off the door ,
resetting the hinges and bam, still the door catches when you close it (you
have to raise is some to get in to fit) Again I take off the door , I'm
looking at that and this, researching hints from the type 2 list archives
when it dawns on me....................

the bus was on a jack ( RR wheel) and thus the frame was causing the door to
pitch (if thats not the right word, sorry) some  out of alignment.  I let
the bus down and guess what the door works perfect! (thank God I marked the
hinges before I took them off) there goes 3 hours...

Door is fine , brakes are still not bled. Hopefully this time tomorrow I'll
be stopping better.

Trey