[tcb] Re: I drove the bus today...

  • From: Gerald Livingston <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 17:52:59 -0600

No pushing. In fact, I unloaded the bus from the trailer after I bought
it and it was not moved forward or back from that point (only up
and down) until I started the motor and moved it under its own power.

The weather isn't cooperating so it's not inspected yet. Temps in the
40's and a fairly steady wind at around 15 - 20 mph with gusts up to
30. My time outside in that has been limited.

I did get the accelerator cable pulled out. Injected some GP grease
into the tube, and shoved it back through. Have to get under there and
put it through the tube in the shroud in a bit. I'll do 5-minute
walk-outs to screw on lenses tonight and do the final bit on the
accelerator and the deck lid tomorrow.

G2