[tcb] Re: I drove the bus today...

  • From: a1992cabbygirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 14:23:58 -0500

OMG, I need that laugh.

Yes, he did stay in the treasure chest both nights.  I don't know how he
survived Sat night with the winds whipping up at 40 mph.  Two canapies came
down that night.  I think next time someone should take a pic of his "sleeping
quarters".

Em

 Date: Tuesday, February 9, 2010, 1:10 PM
 Paul;
 did you really sleep in the treasure chest?

 --- On Tue, 2/9/10, singlecabboy

 From: singlecabboy <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Tuesday, February 9, 2010, 1:01 PM

 Wimp ,who you callin a whimp,
 Charter member of the Treasure Chest Campers of Galveston.
 Paul Smith

 H.B.B
 T.C.B
 Transporters at the Point 7  October 8,9,and 10,
 2010"Love all,trust a few,Do wrong to none"

 --- On Tue, 2/9/10, James Dwan <james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>

  )

 wrote:

 > From: Mike <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 > Subject: [tcb] Re: I drove the bus today...
 > To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
 > <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 > Date: Tuesday, February 9, 2010, 9:57 AM
 >
 > I wish I didn't have to drive
 > the bus today it was 17 with the wind chill.  Had
 my
 > camping heater with me but, the suspension was so
 stiff from
 > the cold every time I
  hit a bump the safty shutoff turned
 > off the heater.  I restarted it at every other
 light it
 > seemed.
 >

 > Sent from the side of the road!
 > Mike Hayes
 > Mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 > Dallas, Texas
 >

 > On Feb 9, 2010, at 9:00 AM, Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
 > wrote:
 >
 > > It must have felt great to drive your Bus.
 Way

 <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 > >> for the first time since I bought it.
 > >>
 > >> Accelerator cable is binding somewhere but
 the
 > motor sounds good and
 > >> pulls well.
 > >>
 > >> I drove it 5 feet forward then backed it up
 > where it was before.
 > >>
 > >> Rained bad earlier, supposed to be clear
 tomorrow.
 > Will pull that
 >  cable
 > >> out, load it up with grease, put it back in
 to see
 > if that helps.
 > >>
 > >> Should be able to get it inspected tomorrow.
 Then
 > I get to start
 > >> working on the inside.
 > >>
 > >> So far,
 > >>
 > >> New pop-top tent (not complete, still need
 > attach at bottom)
 > >> New shocks

  new rear brake wheel cylinders
 > >> new rubber brake lines all around
 > >> new brake shoes all around
 > >> new tires (RA08)
 > >> new steering damper
 > >> new tail light assemblies
 > >> new side marker light assemblies
 > >> new license plate light assembly
 > >> clean and rebuild carburetor
 > >> new fuel pump
 > >> change oil (twice, old fuel pump leaked gas
 into
 > the crankcase)
 > >> change transaxle oil (replaced with full
 synthetic
 > Redline MT-90)
 > >> new oil pressure sender
 > >> new reverse light
 >  switch
 > >> dismantled and cleaned voltage regulator.
 (the 38
 > amp is made of
 > >> unobtanium)
 > >>
 > >> --------------
 > >>
 > >> needed tomorrow for inspection

  Make the accelerator quit sticking
 > >> install the side marker lights
 > >> install the reverse light covers and hook up
 the
 > wire for them
 > >> install the rear valance and engine deck lid
 > >> install the license plate light in the deck
 lid

 > >> .... I think that's it other than
 cleaning up