[tcb] Re: I did a compression test on NewDee today

  • From: "Trey Jung" <treyjung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mark Sawyer" <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 16:27:35 -0500

Well after seeing all the post about "did you squirt oil in the cylinder" I
just had to do it, just to do it. I squirted some in #3 and got 130 psi....

now what?

  #1 Cold 145 Warm 130
  #2 Cold 155 Warm 140
  #3 Cold 150 Warm 115
  #4 Cold 150 Warm 130

  These numbers (the warm ones) seem pretty normal from what I've read......

  I didn't do any spraying of oil in the cylinders, didn't see any reason.. It
seems the numbers are about right for a vw engine with 69k on it..

  Do you guys agree?

  Thanks,

  Trey