[tcb] Re: I Spy a bus

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 17:22:45 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Wed, 9/28/11, singlecabboy <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: singlecabboy <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Re: I Spy a bus
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, September 28, 2011, 6:47 PM

that's funny.

Paul Smith
Transporters@The Point 8
October 7,8 and 9 ,2011
Morgan's Point Resort Texas

--- On Wed, 9/28/11, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, September 28, 2011, 6:22 PM

Nope; no politics, relegion or accounting on this site.

From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 15:00:28 -0700 (PDT)
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
ReplyTo: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, they were a bit after my time.  I graduated from NTSU with a degree in
accounting in 63 and with an MBA in accounting in 65.  Most of my time spent at
NT was spent commuting from Ft. Worth in various VWs.  If I remember correctly
I went through a 61, 62, 63 and 65 during theat time.  This will really blow
your mind:  Commuting round trip was a 60 mile day, 5 days a week; my budget
for gas for the week was $2 per week.  Gas was $.17 per gallon and the VWs got
31-35 mpg driving highway 377 every day. Taught my first college class of
beginning accounting at NTSU as a grad assistant in the fall of 64.  Taught
after that at Kilgore College, University of Arkansas, both as a grad teaching
assistant and later as full time faculty, and at A&M-Kingsville as Chair of the
Accounting Dept, A&M-Commerce, and Stephen F. Austin State Univ as Chair of the
Accounting Dept (which is now a School of Accounting.)  Retired from as SFA in
06 and still have an
 office on campus as Regents Professor Emeritus of Accounting.  When I first
started to NT it was still NTSC then changed to NTSU I think in 61.  One of my
fellow students took one of the NTSU stickers from the bookstore and rearranged
the letters to NUTS and put them on his briefcase.  And until you reminded me I
had forgotten they had changed the name again to UNT.

And yep, I was one of those people that got to listen to Professor Graham's lab
band in what was then the student union building.  I even had a course in music
appreciation under Professor Graham.

And one other music note from NT:  Don't know if you know Ray Hair:  But he
lives in Denton, is an old bus enthusiast, has a degree in music from NT and is
the Exec Director or some such title of the musician's union.  He also buys and
sells busses on e-bay a lot.

And don't anyone ask an accounting question of me, and that includes tax.  But
I will answer VW questions.

--- On Wed, 9/28/11, Cari Smith <cariandpaul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote
From: Cari Smith <cariandpaul@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, September 28, 2011, 4:34 PM

Sammie,

WOW small world.  My dad has been at NTSU/UNT since 1980 and taught BCIS. I
even remember going to the big ceremony when they changed the name... even
though it had poor implications for KNTSU, the radio station. His name is Wayne
Spence.  My mom was at TWU in the mid 80's doing child development, then
finished at UNT doing computer science, her name is Jan Spence. I avoided UNT
like the plague, but then came back and did a Masters in Music Performance in
'00, which qualifies me to wait tables.

Where were you a prof?

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 8:23 AM, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hey Carl:  I am also a retired prof, but not from NTSU or TWU.  But I have two
degrees from NTSU.  Were they profs at NTSU and if so what did they teach?