[tcb] Re: How do you take off the front VW emblem on a 71 Bay?

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 17:50:48 -0600

yep:
http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=211853615

On Jan 23, 2007, at 5:46 PM, sammie smith wrote:

If it's that hard just buy a splitty. Their emblems are removeable and replaceable. Seriously, have you tried Wolfsburg West for new little plastic do dads as Dan called them. Since I don't work on modern new VWs or VW busses I don't know if they have them or not. However, Dan, if you are repainting (spraying for Jeff in England) you gotta take the emblem off.

Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Don't!
It is held on by little plastic doo dads that go on small studs made
on to the back of the emblem.
Once you pull the emblem off the plastic deals are shot, I have never
seen new ones.
I made the mistake of attempting to push it back on with the plastic
things still in the body panel where they tend to stay.
The studs pushed them inside the nose, never seen again.
All the little plastic things I have seen are brittle and very
difficult to get out of the nose.

The answer is just pull it off, use a puddy knife wrapped in tape to
get it started.