[tcb] Re: Hoochiemama Love!

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 13:58:58 -0800 (PST)

I still have a little tweaking to do on it, but I think it is road worthy. I
kinda miss have the "orange landmark" sitting in my driveway. But now I can get
back to work on the vanagon and the convertible. some day I might even get to
work on the fastback. One can only dream---Mark

c.com> wrote:

Mark said:
"Jumpin Joe stopped by at lunch today and I idled up his bus. I just
set the idle to low on the run stand. Brakes seem to be working fine,
they were just low on fluid."

that can't be right,
adjustment,
add brake fluid..........

joe is the:
might be minor..........
nope it is catastrophic guy right.

Glad to hear she is up and on the road again.
I am sure he is a glad to have her back as you are to have her out of
your driveway.

On Nov 8, 2004, at 9:18 AM, Dan Martin wrote:

> Sounds like the brake booster or the check valve to me.
>

> On Nov 8, 2004, at 7:31 AM, Mark Sawyer wrote:
>
>> Morning Joe.
>> When you pickup Otto you can drop the Hooch back by and I will change
>> the oil and give it the final tune up.
>>

>> jumpinjoe wrote:
>> Hi All, The Hoochiemama is alive.. The canvas looks great and the
>> motor runs great. Thanks to everyone who put time into getting her
>> back on the road. The only problem I'm having is it won't idle.
>> When I stop at a stop sign or stop light the engine dies. I'm
>> sure it is something to adjust, but, How do you adjust it when, or
>> fix it, if it won't idle long enough to do anything...
>> I hope that made sense, I have'nt had my morning coffee yet...
>

> Dan & Katrina Martin
> 1971 VW Bus
> H.B.B.
> T.C.B.